After quite a few rebuilds and testing, the openSUSE team is happy to announce that RC1 looks brilliant and is now available for download. They consider this release to be feature complete, stable, and suitable for testing from any user. For more information on the release schedule.
- libzypp 3.24
- Virtualbox 1.5
- OpenOffice.org 2.3RC3
- Countless bug fixes in every component: 535 bugs RESOLVED/FIXED
- 485 packages submitted
Bugs FIxed :-
- Online update opens an annoying popup with the progress. We’ll prepare an online update for it, so it will only affect the first update (Bug #326247)
- On some machines we have problems with the kernel and ACPI – investigating, more data would be helpful
- GNOME is not yet final – we will update this right after RC1 and prepare a RC2. This one will be made internally, but you can get the update through Factory
- 32bit PPC machines have a problem with dependencies that try to install 64bit RPMs.
Check this for updated bug report : Bugs:Most Annoying Bugs 10.3 dev – openSUSE
As usual, the openSUSE team urges users to test this beta release and report back through the openSUSE’s bugzilla. There is no focus area, so please use the product and file bug reports as if it was final and you wanted to use it for real.
openSUSE 10.3 release schedule:
- Thu, Sep 6: openSUSE 10.3 Beta 3
- Thu, Sep 20: openSUSE 10.3 Release Candidate 1
- Thu, Sep 27: openSUSE 10.3 Goldmaster release (internal)
- Thu, Oct 4: openSUSE 10.3 public release