Nvidia Linux Display Driver version 169.09 release, whichis actually more like a patch for that wicked 100% fan speed bug encountered in all GeForce 8 cards. This bug was introduced in the previous release!
- Fixed a problem causing the fan on some GPUs to always run at full speed.
- Fixed a bug that caused the X driver to crash if the X.Org GLX extension module was loaded intead of NVIDIA’s.
- Improved the X driver’s awareness of the current notebook docking status.
- Fixed brightness control on HP Compaq notebooks.
- Fixed a bug in the Linux/i2c algorithm driver implementation that prevented core transfer types from succeeding.
As you can see, this new driver fixes another important bug which caused a crash if the GLX extension module was loaded instead of NVIDIA’s one. Moreover, the brightness control for HP Compaq laptops is fixed now.
Download : Linux Display Driver