Entertainer aims to be a simple and easy-to-use media center solution for Gnome and XFce desktop environments. Entertainer is written completely in Python using object-oriented programming paradigm. It uses GStreamer multimedia framework for multimedia playback. User Interface is implemented with Clutter UI-library, which allows sleek OpenGL animated user interfaces. Entertainer also uses other great projects like SQLite, pyIMDBb and iNotify.
- Movies and TV-series : - You can watch movies and TV-Series from your harddrive. Entertainer automatically searches and downloads metadata like cover art from the Internet.
- Music library : -Let’s play music! Entertainer allows you play your favourite tracks easily. Navigate music by artst, album, genre or make your own playlists. Entertainer also automatically downloads album art and lyrics of the tracks.
- Photographs : – Watch your family photographs from the big screen. Entertainer includes a photoraph library, which allows you easily find your best shots.
- RSS-reader : - Entertainer includes a simple RSS-reader which allows you to read feeds right from your couch. In Entertainer RSS is called Headlines since it’s easier to understand for people who are not IT oriented.
- Themes : – Entertainer supports themeing! Make your media center look just like you. Creating themes is relatively easy.
Note: The project is not yet completed it is still in development stage so there can be some problems while using it.
Installation Instruction : – Installation_Instructions – entertainer-media-center – Google Code
Video : – YouTube – Entertainer – Media Center
Home Page : – Entertainer project